2012-2013 ADULT LACROSSE LEAGUES
|"Old Dogs" Men's Recreational Lacrosse League
Division 1 Ages 35 +
|Men's Open Lacrosse League
Ages - 19+
Clearing: The team with possession of the ball moving from its defensive zone to the attack half of the field. Teams have 20 seconds to move the ball out of the defensive half of the field (FOR HIGH SCHOOL ONLY) of the field. Failure to do so results in a delay of game infraction.
Delay of Game: Once the ball crosses the midfield line, the team in possession has 10 seconds to move the ball into the offensive quarter of the field. In the last two minutes of a game, the team with the lead must keep the ball in the offensive attack area.
Body Checking: No body checking whatsoever is permitted. Hitting, other than stick checking, is not permitted. Incidental contact, to the extent it occurs, is only allowed when an opponent has possession of the ball or is within five yards of a loose ball.
Stick Checking: If the opponent has the ball or is within five yards of a loose ball or a ball in flight, a player can check the opponent's stick with his/her own stick.
CONTACT (Illegal) - Personal foul penalties of one to three minutes can be assessed for any of the following:
Spearing (Blocking or striking an opponent with the head.);
Slashing (Striking an opponent with the stick on the arms, shoulders, head or any part of the body except the gloved hand holding the stick. This call is made at the official's discretion and is usually not called unless the act is deliberate or out of control.);
Cross Checking (Using the part of the handle between the hands to check or push an opponent.);
Tripping: (Obstructing an opponent below the knees).
TECHNICAL FOULS: Technical fouls, resulting in a 30-second suspension, are called for:
Interference: Any interference with or obstruction of a player running without the ball, except when that player is within five yards of a loose ball.
Holding: Grasping an opponent's stick or any part of his body.
Pushing: Pushing an opponent with the ball from the rear.
Offside: When a team has fewer than three men in its attack half of the field, or fewer than four men in its defensive half, even when penalized.
Illegal Procedures: Checking the goalie's stick when he has possession of the ball in the crease; an offensive player stepping in the crease; a defensive player with the ball running through the crease; touching the ball with the hand (only the goalie can do this).
FIGHTING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND WILL RESULT IN AN IMMEDIATE, NONREFUNDABLE, DISMISSAL FROM THE LEAGUE. A PERSON FIGHTING SHALL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO LEGAL CONSEQUENCES AND ALL OTHER CONSEQUENCES AS SET FORTH IN INDOOR SPORTS PAVILION'S RULES AND REGULATIONS.
For any suspension or ejection not involving fighting during a game, the player will be ejected for the remainder of that game and the following game.
ANY UNDUE QUESTIONING OF AN OFFICIALS CALL WILL RESULT IN AN UNSPORTSMANLIKE PENALTY.
THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO CONTACT FIVE YARDS FROM THE SIDE AND END LINES.
ALL OTHER FIELD RULES APPLY, AS EXPLAINED BY THE REFEREES, INCLUDING:
- 20 SECOND RULE TO CLEAR THE BALL, AND SUBSEQUENT 10 SECOND RULE TO GET IT IN THE OFFENSIVE ZONE.
- NO CREASE DIVING
- MAXIMUM OF 4 LONG STICKS
- CLOSEST TO BALL WHEN IT GOES OUT OF BOUNDS FOLLOWING A SHOT WILL DETERMINE POSSESSION.
- NO SPITTING IS PERMITTED ON THE FIELDS. A FIRST VIOLATION SHALL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC EJECTION FROM THE FACILITY. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- EXCEPTING THE ADULT LEAGUES WHERE ONE SUDDEN VICTORY OVERTIME OF 2 MINUTES SHALL BE PLAYED, NO OVERTIME SHALL BE PLAYED TO DECIDE ANY REGULAR SEASON TIES DURING LEAGUE PLAY.
- TIES WILL BE DECIDED DURING PLAYOFFS OF ALL LEAGUES THROUGH SUDDEN VICTORY - - FIRST GOAL WINS.
- A SECOND ILLEGAL CHECKING OFFENSE BY A PLAYER (2 OFFENSES IN THE SAME GAME BY THE SAME PLAYER) IN VIOLATION OF INDOOR SPORTS PAVILION'S CONTACT RULES SHALL RESULT IN EJECTION FROM THAT GAME.
- NO MORE THAN 3 COACHES ON TEAM BENCH FOR ANY TEAM.
-1 TIME OUT PER HALF IS PERMITTED, HOWEVER NO TIMEOTS ARE PERMITTED IN THE LAST 5 MINUTES OF THE GAME.
- A MANDATORY 6 GOAL MERCY RULE IS IN EFFECT IN ALL NON-HIGH SCHOOL GAME.
- TIEBREAKERS: THE FIRST CRITERIA IS HEAD TO HEAD. IF HEAD TO HEAD GAMES DO NOT RESOLVE THE TIEBREAKER, THE SECOND CRITERIA IS TOTAL GOALS ALLOWED THROUGHOUT THE ROUND ROBIN PORTION OF THE LEAGUE. THE THIRD CRITERIA IS A COIN FLIP.
| Click here for important parking information...
To avoid games/practices being cancelled due to weather closures, ISP will make every effort to keep the facility open, absent clear safety issues that would make travel inappropriate.
Cancellations due to such extreme weather will not be subject to make-ups or refunds.
You may go to our Facebook page Indoor Sports Pavilion Facebook Page for updates on programs at ISP.